Monday, July 19, 2010

Old is Cool





Well folks, garage sailing season is among us and I really must admit that I have fallen captive once again. It is the one day a week I look forward to the alarm clock. This weekend I almost came home with a puppy. But alas, you can't go out hoping to find a chair and come home with a puppy.

So I decided to do a rather large-scale painting of some of my favourite "subjects." Because the painting is too large to scan, I did some photography and digital editing to put together a CANVAS piece for dear friend Erika's awesome site www.canvascollective.com. Check it out! There are weekly updates and some wonderful contributions.

4 comments:

Nimit Malavia said...

These look great Carlie!!
The frame suits it soo well

Bennett Slater said...

Love this.... so very much.

Irma Kniivila said...

YEEESSSSS!!!

Goddamn. I miss you like crazy.

Remember the good old studio days, 3 AM no sleep only the next assignment days?

Le sigh.

Mariah Burton said...

LIKE!